T : 503.944.6062 F: 503.295.1058
Adele J. Ridenour
Affordable Housing & Community Development, Construction Defect, Litigation, Affordable Housing and Community Development, Community Associations, Hospitality, Construction and Design
Adele Ridenour is a litigator whose practice focuses on complex construction, insurance, and design-related disputes. She has also developed a specialized practice advising educational institutions regarding Title IX, including analysis of Title IX concerning school facilities and new construction. In addition to her construction litigation and other work at Ball Janik, LLP, Ms. Ridenour manages the firm’s HOA general counsel practice, which provides legal assistance and advice to numerous condominiums and planned community associations throughout the Pacific Northwest. She is licensed to practice law in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Utah.
Ms. Ridenour is on the Board of Directors for Oregon Women Lawyers (OWLS), including its Executive Committee, and is a member of the Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas County bar associations. In 2018, Ms. Ridenour became a volunteer pro tem judge for Washington County, where she presides over the FED (landlord/tenant), small claims, and civil motions dockets. She also serves as an arbitrator for court-annexed mandatory arbitrations in Multnomah and Washington County.
Ms. Ridenour has been selected to the Oregon Super Lawyers list since 2013, and in 2021 was named by Oregon Super Lawyers as one of the Top 25 Women Lawyers in Oregon. She has also been listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Litigation – Construction since 2018.
- J.D., 2004
University of Oregon School of Law
Managing Editor, Oregon Review of International Law
- B.A., cum laude, Political Science, 2001
- The Best Lawyers in America list since 2018
- Oregon Super Lawyers list, 2013-2018
- Oregon Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” list, 2012
- 2015 Young Lawyer of the Year by the Construction Defect & Dispute Conference Northwest Region
- 2015 Runner-Up, Portland Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40”
- Selected as “Top 40 Under 40 Litigation Lawyers” by the American Society of Legal Advocates, 2014 and 2015
- Recipient, 2014 University of Oregon School of Law Outstanding Young Alumnus Award
- Recognized in 2013 Super Lawyers Business Edition, The List of Construction, Real Estate and Environmental Firms