T : 503.228.2525 F: 503.295.1058
Nikesh J. Patel
Nikesh Patel is an associate in Ball Janik LLP’s Land use practice. Nikesh assists clients in a variety of development projects, from affordable housing, mixed-use, commercial, and community developments in high-density urban centers to industrial projects in remote rural areas. Nikesh utilizes his local government experience to assist clients through the entitlement and approval process to support successful project development.
Nikesh is focused on the success of his clients’ development goals while working collaboratively with local government and communities to establish common objectives. Nikesh has advised city bureaus on housing and development programs and assisted in the development of legislation and administrative rules for various development programs. In addition, Nikesh has extensive experience with small businesses, large corporations, and institutional clients to advance their land use and development goals as an associate at a major international law firm.
Nikesh enjoys helping mold the future of land uses and developments in the Portland region and throughout the state. As a native of Portland, Oregon, Nikesh enjoys serving his community through his involvement with local land use, real estate, and community organizations.
Nikesh served as an honors attorney for the City of Portland and practiced in the real estate and land use group at a major international law firm. In law school, Nikesh served as a law clerk at the U.S. Senate Finance Committee in Washington, D.C. for Senator Ron Wyden and interned at the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
- Oregon League of Minority Voters, Board Member, 2018-2019
- Oregon Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Member, 2018-Present, CLE Committee, 2020-2021
- Oregon Chapter of NAIOP, Commercial Real Estate Development Association, Developing Leaders Member, 2020-Present
- Urban Land Institute, Young Leaders Group Member, 2020-Present
- Oregon State Bar, Real Estate and Land Use Section Member, 2020-Present
- Portland Business Alliance, Greater Portland’s Chamber of Commerce, Land Use and Housing Committee, 2022-Present
- J.D., 2017
University of Minnesota Law School; Public Service Program; Executive Editor, Minnesota Journal of International Law
- B.S., Economics, 2014
University of Oregon; cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa