T : 407.902.2076 F: 407.902.2105
Evan J. Small
Evan J. Small is a partner in Ball Janik LLP’s Construction Defect practice group. Mr. Small’s practice is devoted to assisting clients solve complex construction problems with a focus on representing owners in prosecuting construction defect and insurance coverage claims throughout Florida. Mr. Small is a Florida Bar Board Certified Specialist in Construction Law, designated by the Florida Bar as an expert in Construction Law. Mr. Small was selected by his peers to the Florida Rising Stars list (2016-2018) the Florida Super Lawyers list (2019-2020) for construction litigation, published in Super Lawyers Magazine. Mr. Small was also recognized in The Best Lawyers in America list in Construction Law and Litigation – Construction.
Mr. Small has been instrumental in obtaining maximum recoveries in damages for clients in complex construction defect and insurance coverage claims in Florida. Mr. Small has substantial experience and success litigating cases involving all types of structures and projects including defective construction and design of community associations, high-rise structures, and commercial properties throughout Florida.
Evan Small frequently speaks on the topics of construction law and risk management from the owner’s perspective to various industry professional associations and management firms throughout Florida.
Prior to joining Ball Janik, Mr. Small practiced with an AM Law 100 law firm, where he represented Fortune 500 corporations and insurance companies in a wide variety of clients in the construction industry, including owners, developers, condominium converters, product manufacturers and installers, design professionals, and subcontractors. Mr. Small’s experience defending complex construction claims and insurance disputes gives him a unique perspective on how his adversaries think, which assists him in resolving disputes efficiently and effectively for his clients.
- J.D., 2008
Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center
Dean’s List Winter/Fall 2007
- B.S., Business Administration, 2005
University of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Recognized by the Florida Bar as a Florida Board Certified Specialist in Construction Law
- The Best Lawyers in America list since 2020
- Super Lawyers Magazine, Florida Rising Stars list, 2016-2018
- Super Lawyers Magazine, Florida Super Lawyers list, 2019-2020
- Evan Small Featured in WFTV 9 Investigates Feature News Story
- Ball Janik LLP ranked in the 2018 “Best Law Firms” list by U.S. News® – Best Lawyers®
- Ball Janik LLP Elected Evan J. Small a Partner
- Ball Janik LLP Ranked in the 2017 “Best Law Firms” list by U.S. News – Best Lawyers®
- Ball Janik LLP Attorneys Selected to 2016 Super Lawyers List
- Evan Small Interviewed for Channel 9 News Regarding Construction Defect Case
- Ball Janik LLP’s Orlando Office Announces that Attorney Evan Small has been Designated by the Florida Bar as a Board Certified Specialist in Construction Law
- Blogs and Publications
- Ball Janik LLP Announces Addition of Orlando Office
- Ball Janik LLP’s “Portlando” Opening Celebration
- Orlando, Florida