Jane Goddard brings a varied background and more than 30 years of experience to her position as a paralegal at Ball Janik LLP in the Insurance Recovery practice. Ms. Goddard is based in the firm’s Orlando office. The majority of her career as a litigation paralegal has focused on insurance defense, including complex medical malpractice, products liability, wrongful death, aviation, and construction defect cases. Her experience also includes plaintiff personal injury and wrongful death, business law and litigation, and elder law and estate planning.
Ms. Goddard holds a Juris Doctorate from Barry University School of Law, and graduated as Valedictorian, magna cum laude, in 2008. Her other professional experience includes serving as Associate Director of the Center for Earth Jurisprudence and as Middle Basin Advocacy Director for the St. Johns Riverkeeper. As an adjunct professor, she has taught Environmental Ethics and Exploring Principles of Earth Jurisprudence at the Barry University School of Law and Introduction to Environmental Science at Stetson University.
Ms. Goddard’s strong interest in the interdependence of people and nature has led her to support the Florida Rights of Nature initiative and to spend her free time kayaking, snorkeling, gardening, and reading. She is the first woman to have thru-paddled the entire 310 miles of the St. Johns River in a solo kayak (a total of 23 days on the water).
- J.D., Valedictorian, magna cum laude, 2008, Barry University School of Law
- Master of Liberal Studies, 2004, Rollins College
- Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, English (World Literature), 1981, University of South Florida
- Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, International Studies, 1981, University of South Florida
ADMISSIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Florida Bar
- Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Sisters Build Network
- Barry Law Review, Lead Articles Editor, 2006-2007
- Women Lawyers Association, Graduate of the Year, 2007-2008
- Comment, Building the Cathedral: Sculpting a Part-Time Legal Education in a Double-Time World, 8 Barry Law Review 117 (2007)
- The Persistent Pagan: The Green Man and the Green Knight, 6 Journal of Graduate Liberal Studies 23 (2001), published by the Association of Graduate Liberal Studies Programs (AGLSP)