Jeffrey A. Widelitz is a partner in Ball Janik LLP’s Construction practice group. He is a Florida Board Certified Specialist in Construction Law, designated by the Florida Bar as an expert in Construction Law. Mr. Widelitz’s practice is devoted to assisting clients in solving complex construction problems, focusing on representing owners in prosecuting construction defects and insurance coverage claims. He has extensive experience handling large-scale residential and commercial construction defect cases.
Before joining Ball Janik LLP, Mr. Widelitz defended a variety of clients in the construction industry, including general contractors, design professionals, and subcontractors. This experience provides Mr. Widelitz with a unique perspective on how his adversaries approach and prepare their defenses to construction defect matters.
Mr. Widelitz is a member of the Florida Bar’s Real Property Section and Construction Law Section. He is also a member of the Broward County and Orange County Bar Associations.
- J.D., magna cum laude, 2013
Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center
Book Awards, Civil Procedure, and Constitutional Law II
- B.S., Economics, 2009
Florida State University
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Ball Janik LLP ranked in the 2018 “Best Law Firms” list by U.S. News® – Best Lawyers®
- Jeffrey A. Widelitz has Joined Ball Janik LLP’s Orlando Office
- Recognized by the Florida Bar as a Florida Board Certified Specialist in Construction Law
- Super Lawyers Magazine, Florida Super Lawyers list, 2022